KDM Hire Ltd are currently seeking to recruit a Yard Operative for our Cookstown depot. The successful candidate will be responsible for checking machines thoroughly at off-hire and maintaining the yard, assisting both customers and delivery personnel with loading and unloading of equipment and will also help maintain inventory.Duties:
- Carry out thorough inspections and cleaning of hire equipment effectively.
- Carry out full function and safety testing.
- Assist with loading and unloading of vehicles.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organised working area.
- Instruct customers in the proper use of equipment and demonstrate operation when necessary (full training will be provided).
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental legislation, regulations, and company policies and procedures.
- Must be reliable and have a flexible approach to work.
- Must have good communication and customer service skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good problem-solving skills and completes tasks thoroughly.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Experience in the operation of forklift trucks and/or scissor and boom lifts would be advantageous.
- Driving experience.
Hours of work: 42.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday between the hours of 7am and 8pm as per yard shift pattern including Saturdays on a rotational basis from 7.45am – 12.30pm.
We are an equal opportunities employer.